Many enterprise software vendors talk about being focused on customer success, but they often fail to deliver on that promise. Why? Because it’s hard. It requires not only well-designed software, but world class training, implementation and support services, and people who really care about customer success and who will do whatever it takes to achieve it.
Achieving 100% customer success is a key mission of OneStream Software, and it drives everything we do – across Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Services, Support and other functions. And it comes through in the results we have achieved, as evidenced by a recent survey conducted by BPM Partners. In their “Pulse of Performance Management 2018” webinar, BPM Partners’ CEO Craig Schiff revealed that OneStream received the highest score out of 18 vendors in overall customer satisfaction and placed in the top 3 in 5 out of 6 categories. Read on to learn more.
Reading the Pulse of Performance Management
On June 7th of 2018 Craig Schiff of BPM Partners held his annual “Pulse of Performance Management” webinar where he reviewed the state of the business performance management (BPM a.k.a. CPM) market and reviews of 18 vendors. Based on a 2018 survey of BPM/CPM vendors and users, Mr. Schiff highlighted several key market trends, including the following:
- Performance Management is for everyone – with more “beyond finance” offerings and improved ease of use
- Consolidation is back – with increasing market interest and more vendors investing here
- Artificial Intelligence is delivering real value with many vendors now incorporating it
- Use of cloud-based Budgeting apps pulled ahead of on-premise 36% vs. 27%
- In Budgeting & Planning, ease of use, performance and scalability are top evaluation criteria
- Use of cloud-based Consolidation increased to 22%, while 29% report using on-premise solutions
- A majority of respondents prefer a consolidation solution that’s part of an overall BPM/CPM system
- 61% of respondents report needing Consolidation features in Budgeting & Planning
- Overall cloud adoption of BPM/CPM solutions is increasing – especially in larger organizations and across most industries
- 73% of respondents prefer BPM/CPM solutions from best of breed vendors, only 20% prefer solutions from their ERP vendor
Rating the Vendors
An always-interesting part of the webinar was Mr. Schiff’s profiles and reviews of the key vendors in the BPM/CPM market. This year he profiled 18 vendors reviewing the components of BPM/CPM they support, advanced capabilities, market focus, as well as cloud and mobile support. Mr. Schiff also provides a BPM Pulse Survey Rating, which is done on a 1 – 5 scale based on customer surveys, with 5 being the highest score.
And for this year’s webinar, Mr. Schiff announced the first-ever, BPM Pulse Awards – announcing the top 3 vendors in 6 categories, based on the BPM Pulse Survey Ratings.
I am happy to announce that OneStream was ranked in the top 3 in 5 out of 6 categories and was top-ranked for Overall Satisfaction with a score of 4.88 out of 5. OneStream was recognized in the following areas in the 2018 BPM Pulse Awards:
- Price/Value – OneStream was tied for #2 at 4.67
- Customer Support – OneStream #2 at 4.83
- Product Innovation – OneStream #1 at 4.74
- Ease of Use – OneStream #2 at 4.58
- Overall Satisfaction – OneStream #1 with a 4.88 rating
Commenting on OneStream’s ranking in the BPM Pulse Awards, Mr. Schiff said, “OneStream received an astounding, excellent overall satisfaction rating of 4.88. This is especially impressive as OneStream mainly works with large companies, solving complex problems. As a solution designed for the largest, global enterprises, OneStream makes complex processes relatively simple for users to manage.”
OneStream is very pleased that our customers rated us so highly compared to other solutions that were reviewed in the BPM Pulse Survey. But we’re not completely surprised, since our mission is to deliver 100% customer success, and it drives everything that we do as a company. To learn more, watch the replay of the “Pulse of Performance Management 2018.”
John O’Rourke is Vice President of Product Marketing at OneStream Software. With a background in accounting and finance, John has over 30 years of experience in the software industry, including 20 years of experience in product marketing at Hyperion Solutions, Oracle and Host Analytics. He has worked with many customers and partners on financial reporting and planning initiatives and has spoken and written on many topics in corporate performance management. John has also held positions in strategic marketing and product marketing at Dun & Bradstreet Software, Kenan Systems and Decisyon.
This article originally appeared on the OneStream blog. Used with permission.